Welcome to "First Rank - FIRE!"

"First Rank - Fire!" is the chronicle of two long-time hobbyist and their quest to budget their time and money in order to participate in the in the hobby of tabletop wargaming.

We hope you like our blog. We know your support and enthusiasm will keep us motivated to complete our armies and continue to grow in the hobby (In spite of our hectic schedules).

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Realm of Battle Table for Any Scale!



This update takes "First Rank - FIRE!" in a slightly different direction. I wanted to complete the Citadel Realm of Battle Table I have been carrying around for over a year now. After careful consideration Adept and I decided that we wanted the table to work for any scale. I have seen over 25 completed Realm of Battle Tables and I took what I thought were the best techniques and combined them to create multi-scale table. However, with all the skulls and bones scattered about and the pits with the skulls I knew it would take a little work to make the table work for scales ranging from 15mm to 54mm.

I broke the process up into several parts:

1. Basic Painting.
2. How do I get rid of those pesky skulls?
3. What the Flock?
4. Creating a "Swamp" to fill in the skull pits.

The first installment is almost ready to publish!

Thanks,


The Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment